[CAUT] curious...

Roger Jolly roger.j at sasktel.net
Sat Jan 29 13:57:42 MST 2011

Hi Gerald,
                  The sound board if the first to react, not a lot of mass,
and normally spruce, The back support reacts much slower assuming a maple
liner and much more mass.
The sound board will show changes much more quickly, 2 or 3 cents on stage
within a hour, not too uncommon depending on stage lighting etc.
The spruce is much more porous than the harder woods, and will absorb and
give up moisture much more quickly.
As Ron mentioned spot humidity checks will not tell you much.
I wish we had 18% at this time of year. Right after Xmas break try 8% for
dryness. That's plus or minus 20% with my equipment at this range.

Regards Roger