[CAUT] Presentation

denisikeler at aol.com denisikeler at aol.com
Sun Jan 30 06:12:48 MST 2011

List,

I am giving a technical presentation to a group of about 30 piano teachers on Feb. 15th.  I looking for ideas on subject matter.  I don't want to get too technical.  Some ideas I have thought of so far,

Humidity control in the home.

A kind of "state of the union" type message, about the current condition of our profession.

The differences in the soft pedal operation in uprights vs. grands.  And how, habitual use of the soft pedal in grands will "unmate" the hammers.

The differences in the "inertia" component in touch between digitals and real pianos.

This should be a lot of fun.  Midland Michigan was just voted the 4th nicest small town to live in the US by Forbes.  They have a fantastic venue, the Midland Center For The Arts.  And considering that the population there is about 40,000, I think "per capita" they have more piano teachers than any other place.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Denis Ikeler