[CAUT] Presentation

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Sun Jan 30 09:33:32 MST 2011

Hi Denis.

I've done this quite a few times.  Myth busting old wives tales is a good
thing to cover, proper humidity control, getting them to understand the
importance of regular maintenance (as well as their students!), and
actually pull an upright and grand action out of the piano to explain why
they need periodic "interior" maintenance.  Every time I've done this,
there are always a couple of gasps from the audience, as they've never
seen the inside of a piano!  It's a lot of fun. (Don't do it on a spinet!!
lol).  If no piano available, have a couple action models handy.  Leave
plenty of time for questions, smile, have fun, give everyone your business
cards and PTG brochures, and dress professionally.

Good luck!

Paul