[CAUT] Prepared pianos

Alan Eder reggaepass at aol.com
Mon Jan 31 11:01:38 MST 2011

Any help here??
Yea, Jim: Send him to me!!

Bunger's book was the (acknowledged) basis of our video, "Non-Traditional Piano Use." It should be abundantly clear to anyone who has read it that the book exists, as does the video, in order to facilitate, "Exploring the extended sound world of the piano and doing so in ways that are piano-friendly."  (These are my words, not Bunger's, but I am confident that he would agree.)

It is precisely because of the innumerable instances of people doing damage to pianos while using them in non-traditional ways that the book and video exist.

Alan Eder

P. S. I feel your pain.  In the last week alone, we have had not one but TWO instances of unauthorized, surreptitious lid removal, both of which resulted in (avoidable) damage and the pianos having to be taken out of commission for a time.