[CAUT] CAUT FORUM Friday 4th Period

Bdshull at aol.com Bdshull at aol.com
Wed Jul 6 15:14:49 MDT 2011

CAUT FORUM Friday 4th Period, PTG Technical Institute in  Kansas City July
15, 2011

All who are interested in college and university piano service may attend
the CAUT Forum 4th period Friday. Originally scheduled to look only at a
proposed survey of piano service in higher education, it will now include:

1. A discussion of the fine old CAUT listserve, the new CAUT  discussion
groups and the CAUT microsite with Ron Berry. Some of  you will attend the
Pianotech list discussion 3rd period Friday, but many of us  will not be able
to attend that class (I will be attending Allen Wright's  presentation on the
Steinway London Factory). Ron will give us the latest on the  survival of
the CAUT listserve, the new my.ptg discussion groups, the resources  for CAUT
at the new site, and the new PTG CAUT microsite (the site long  maintained
by Scott Thile for the CAUT Committee has now been down for over a  half a
year, and the new site has just begun construction, go take a look so you
can share your own ideas for it with the CAUT Committee -
_http://my.ptg.org/PTG/CAUT/Home/Default.aspx_ (http://my.ptg.org/PTG/CAUT/Home/Default.aspx)

2. A new major repair and rebuilding study and worksheet  tool from Keith
Kopp and Jim Busby at BYU. Based on a the CAUT  Guidelines as well as a
survey of college piano technicians, they have created a  very useful tool to
help a university technician make the case to their  administrator.

3. A report on a proposed comprehensive survey of piano service  in higher
education. The only surveys on piano service in higher  education have been
in-house, of PTG members who report their college  affiliations. The 2005
PTG Survey reported approximately 750 respondents  representing approximately
900 schools, in a higher education market of 2200  schools. The CAUT Survey
Subcommittee will report on the goals of a  comprehensive survey of piano
service in higher education and seek your input.

The CAUT Committee and the PTG seeks your participation and input in order
to do its best. I look forward to your participation!

Keep in mind that any afternoon home office/PTG Museum tour which provided
van-pools will not return in time for the CAUT Forum.

I'm cross-posting this to the pianotech list, and to the new discussion
lists as well.

See you there!

Bill Shull, CAUT Committee Member
La Sierra University