[CAUT] Interesting

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Jun 22 14:15:36 MDT 2011

Mick and all.

I asked Mick about heavy DW on a '79 Steinway B.  I just replaced all
hammers and shanks with S&S parts that weighed out the same as the old
ones...just a little heavier since the old ones had been filed a few
times. (I call this Ham-shanks when making notes)

Before DW was over 60g in the bass, and high 50's in the treble.  Lots of
lead in the keys. Ugh! (thinking about moving the capstans)

Just for fun, before I left for a couple hours, I McLubed the wippen
action centers.  When I came back, the samples I juiced did indeed come
down about 10g!!  I'm sure it's just a short term fix, but wondered if
yall have tried this?

Paul