[CAUT] protection form heat/cooling sources

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 1 21:34:45 MST 2011

We recently remodeled our Fine Arts Center completely.  My advice was
actually heeded!  When they redid the practice rooms, they removed access to
all windows by removing all of them!  J  As for the Professor's rooms, the
windows are way up high and cannot be opened.  Heat and A/C comes from
above, but is distributed fairly evenly.  Although, the HVAC still sucks.
The RH is all over the place yet.  Some rooms are considerably better than
others however---better than it used to be...

We placed signs in the rooms and on the pianos stating that these
instruments "ARE NOT YOURS.  They are ours."  "Please do not place liquids
of any kind on them.  Please do not eat in these rooms and do not move these
pianos without permission from the music department or from the piano
technician."  That pretty much solved the vast majority of problems but, it
did not eliminate the problem completely.  Pianos were still moved around
and sometimes even lost on occasion.   But, for the most part, it slowed it
down considerably.

Jer