[CAUT] The demise of the American piano industry

Brent Fischer brent.fischer at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 08:42:01 MDT 2012

hey Mr. Anderson,  I appreciate your civil discourse.  Mr.
Erwin must have hit his head prior to his foolish  reply.

   I'm a baseball coach so this has to be my final response
for a little while.  I'm not discounting the merit of your
ability to discern power differences,  I would just have to
hear it for myself.  My doubt stems from knowing that
Steinway rim construction, utilizing rock maple, is the
standard for instrument projection.  If you're saying the Sauter
utilizes a rim species of wood that is superior to maple I
have difficulty believing it. If Sauter utilizes a keybed
that accelerates resonance to the pianist without quartered
spruce slats then I have to question how.

   I was able to find a pic of the lyre you mentioned
and although the assembly pieces appear to be of acceptable
diameters the comment I made about Julliard has to do with
the support system.  A steel rod bracing will always flex
more due to the torque applied to the outer corners of the
lyre box.  This is the main reason Steinway braces with birch
sticks that are fit into the keybed.  Under rigorous demands
the flexing becomes an issue and over time only worsens  and the
pianist feels a sense of disconnection.  This is for the very same
reason I use carbon fiber soles when cycling,  the rigidity of
the shoe is critical when standing up on the pedals when engaging
twelve percent climbs.

   Last comment on Fine,  why would you imply on a national stage
that digitals have the added advantage of not needing to be tuned.
As if the trade wasn't suffering enough already, there just went thousands
across the world including the technician's business card in their shredding
pile for re-cycling.  At least we're going green on the way out.

   Sincerely,

   Brent Fischer

  I went on an extended hunt for the specs on the
Omega and turned up little besides equilibrium formulas.
Resonance projection starts with a maple rim, it's the code.
It's hard to comment without that much, and then I my
travels I'm I will search one out.

  I did see a picture of the lyre.  The base looks stout, however
all lyres with