[CAUT] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Feb 18 13:57:29 MST 2012

On 2/17/2012 9:11 PM, John Ross wrote:
> Hi Nevin,
> I find Linkedin to buggy for me, thank you for the offer.
> Best regards,
> John Ross

I've received a number of these invitations personally. Ignored, they
tend to repeat. When I respond to the individual named asking why I
would find it desirable to join, I get no response. So since the entire
caut list has been invited to join, can anyone explain what this is for?
The web site isn't awfully informative, but that's not unexpected. What
are the supposed benefits of joining, and is there a bounty of some sort
for a subscriber that signs up more people?
Ron N