[CAUT] Yamaha Exchange program; pros, cons

Paul Williams pwilliams4 at unl.edu
Thu Jun 7 14:20:52 MDT 2012

And you all know that "new" pianos will need lots of tuning, regulations, voicing, etc….a bit more than the usual inventory, (unless you have old junkers).  Tuning will take up a lot more time……then you get them squared away and somewhat stable.  Then there they go sold off and start all over again.  I don't think I would go for it.  I've seen it happen at some community colleges back the Seattle area with similar programs with other brands/dealers I used to deal with.

Also; when it comes time for the annual "sale" of these instruments, the piano dealer (from my experience) will set it up as a huge "tent" sale with hundreds of their own stuffs they didn't sell that year or years before.  It's a big hassle!! Maybe Yamaha doesn't do that, but others do. Just be careful, or state some solid ground rules before getting into it.

Good Luck!

Paul