[CAUT] Fwd: Digital recorder was----- Kawai KG-2C hammer...

Mark Schecter mark at schecterpiano.com
Mon Mar 5 09:59:41 MST 2012

Hey, Dale,

I have a very similar machine, also by Zoom, the H4N, and it's great. The built-in mics sound great, and you can plug in two more mics of your choice, or line feeds, and record four channels at once. MP3, CD-quality (16-bit/44.1kHz), and better-than-cd (24-bit/96kHz) recorded to SD card. Multi-track overdubbing, too. I think yours is stereo-only, which should be great for your purpose. Here's a link: http://www.sweetwater.com/mobile/detail.php?itemid=H4N

Not suggesting you should change your order, but to help other shoppers ... 8-)

Consider measuring mic position (x, y, and z plane), plus piano position relative to walls, for repeatable results. Can make a huge difference in recorded sound.

~ Mark Schecter