[CAUT] More hammer length needed

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Thu Feb 7 11:01:07 MST 2013

On 07/02/2013 17:23, Bob Hull wrote:

> ...What do you think about this solution of altering the key frame? Somehow I need more distance between the hammer action center and the string ht. in order to drill lower on the hammer.

Quite a crazy idea to solve a perceived problem!  Such Steinways had the
boring in the low tenor going through the felt from original even with
the "standard bore" of 45mm.  You can trim off the felt on the near side
to clear the drill if you want, but that's not necessary either.

JD

--
   Delacour Pianos  *  Silo  *  Deverel Farm  *  Milborne St. Andrew
                      Dorset DT11 0HX  *  England