[CAUT] More hammer length needed

Bob Hull hullfam5 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 23:47:45 MST 2013

The hammer flange center pin is 148 off the keybed.  String ht is as low as 190 in the low tenor.   I reconsidered the idea of lowering the stack at the cleats and decided that would alter the magic line.  Perhaps the capstan could be moved to help that.  However,  I believe that just trimming the hammer felt or just drilling through it is the best solution.  I shouldn't have thought of that "territory" as being "sacred".   Just a little awkward, that's all.

Thanks for the comments.
Bob Hull