AOL

Tcoates@aol.com Tcoates@aol.com
Sun, 16 Oct 1994 08:17:54 -0400

>Subject: Re: AOL
>To: pianotech@byu.edu (Multiple recipients of list)
>May I add that America On Line software has been wreaking havoc on >mailing
>lists and newsgroups by making it very easy to misattribute quotations,
 > (I was at one time a victim) misdirect replies and do other nasty things
>that are quite bothersome to the rest of us here in the virtual universe.
>AOL has been very unresponsive, so that a crusade is afoot to convince >AOL
>users to find an internet access that is less hassle for the rest of us.
>You should be aware of this if such problems arise here...

>Israel Stein

I have access to the internet through a university and AOL.  I choose to use
AOL because it is much easier and fits my needs.  Compuserv, Prodigy, ect.
must not be in the virtual universe either, Mr. Stein?  Does that mean the
PTG office in Kansas City (Compuserv) isn't in your universe?

I can understand being frustrated with a problem with the software of AOL,
 but sometimes things happen we have no control over.  There are things we do
have control over.  Attacking people and groups of people because they do
things differently is something we can control.  Why don't you give it a try?

By the way, I have been following some of your comments on other lists, and I
hope you don't bring the same attitude here.

Tim Coates, RPT
University of South Dakota