DANNY BOONE

Ron Torrella torrella@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue, 25 Oct 1994 08:25:33 -0500

I first met Danny at the spring regional seminar in Oklahoma City, 1987.
Danny was on the exam committee for my tuning exam along with Charles
Heuther.  I took that exam twice in the space of two days because the
tuning fork I used the first time was one cent flatter than was allowable
for a passing grade on the exam (of course, the string I tuned to that
fork was dead-on, which Danny thought was the epitome of being "perfectly
wrong."  :_)   What a great sense of humor!).

More recently, just before PIANOTECH came to be the cowpath of choice
among Internet-connected technicians, Danny and I had been corresponding
via email on the subject of putting together a presentation on piano care
and maintenance to be presented to civic groups and miscellaneous
music-oriented conventions in an attempt to better educate the general
public on the subject.  Danny invited me to meet with him at the last
National Convention to go through the stuff he had put together over the
years--he wanted to help me get started.  Regrettably, because of demands
at home and work, I was unable to attend this year's convention but was
looking forward to planning to meet with him at the 1995 New Mexico
National Convention--if not sooner.

As you all know, Danny was a very sensitive individual who took great
pride and found enjoyment in his work at Baylor University.  His hard
work, and strides toward improving the PTG and those around him will not
be forgotten.  I'll miss Danny but I won't forget him.

Mournfully,

Ron Torrella
School of Music
University of Illinois