Piano Use Policies - Institutional

CRANE@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU CRANE@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU
Thu, 08 Sep 1994 12:53:29 -0500 (CDT)

I have been directed by my dept. chair to put together a "piano policy"
for the music dept. and the college of fine arts here at Wichita State
University.

What we have in place currently is rather disjointed and does not work well.
We have a department of Performance Facilities which "administrates" the
use of our performance venues within the college (music, theatre,
and dance) including renting the facilities to university groups outside
the college and other groups outside the university.  At present our concert
grands are rented to such groups for a fee of $50 exclusive of tuning,
etc. and revenues collected do not flow into the maintenance budget!
I am in the process of changing this and would welcome any words of advice!!

What are your rental fees & criteria?
Do you have discounted rates for university groups?
Do you have specific policy consideration for pianos used in events
which are televised either live or taped for rebroadcast?
Are there other questions such a policy ought to address?

If you have a policy in place that works well for the various "factions"
at your institution, I would really appreciate a copy!

My "snail mail" and FAX are:

Alan Crane, RPT
Coordinator of Piano Technology
School of Music/College of Fine Arts