Accu-Tuner pitch raise

Danny Boone Danny_Boone@BAYLOR.EDU
Fri, 23 Sep 1994 17:46:11 -0600

The way I use the Accu-Tuner for pitch raising (or lowering) is this:

1.  Turn it on; calibrate to stop lights; press TUNE.

2.  Play A4 on the piano, stop the lights with the CENTS buttons, div=
ide the=20
number that appears by 4.  (For example, if A4 is 15=A2 flat:  15/4=
=3D3.75=A2).  Set=20
the machine to 3.8=A2 sharp, hold SHIFT and press RST.  Forget the MS=
R button=20
for the time being.

3.  Go to the desired page;  Then press NOTE UP, THEN NOTE DOWN.  A0 =
appears. =20
(For pitch raising you can use a page with one of the pre-recorded tu=
nings of=20
a tuning done on a piano which is similar to the one you are tuning. =
 Or, you=20
can create an FAC tuning, store it on page 1, and use that for the pi=
tch raise.
)

4.  Tune A0 to stop the lights, and then press NOTE UP.  The note you=
 are=20
tuning (A#0) no longer appears in the window, but now the partial tha=
t was=20
read and recorded appears.  However, you now tune A#0.  If you get co=
nfused as=20
to which note you are tuning and which partial is being used, press M=
EM to see=20
which note to tune, and press TUNE to see which partial is being used=
. =20
CAUTION:  Before proceeding to the next note in your tuning, be sure =
to get=20
back into memory mode by pressing MEM.  To get into tune mode press T=
UNE; to=20
get into memory mode press MEM.

5. I do not measure anything again; just tune all the way to the top,=
 TUNING=20
OCTAVES AS I GO.  Occasionally, I may increase the offset by 2=A2 mor=
e, once or=20
twice in the treble, if the pitch raise is large.

6.  When you have finished, check A4 again with the Accu-Tuner set on=
 A4, and=20
I'll bet you will be right on pitch.  Now you can tune the piano aura=
lly.