Future of Fandrich Co.

Lewis Surdam surdam@husc.harvard.edu
Mon, 03 Apr 1995 11:29:30 -0400 (EDT)

Perhaps someone out there could bring me "up to date" regarding the
status of the Fandrich Co. We have had 4 of these instruments for over 2
years and have found dealing with the company nearly impossible. Warranty
work or help of any kind has been minimal to non existent and we have
assumed that bankruptcy must be close. Prompted by legal action, Ed
Richards has taken the bull by the horns and is driving from Chicago with
a new Fandrich on board for an exchange with one of ours. However, my
expectations are not high. These pianos do not do at all well in
institutional practice rooms.

                        Lew Surdam