Hearing loss

Thu, 06 Apr 1995 11:06:33 -0500 (CDT)

What do you say to a customer?

I like John Baird's 2/4/95 response...

"If I am asked about using earplugs, I sometimes draw the analogy of an
airplane pilot wearing sunglasses. Technically, the sunglasses *impair*
the pilot's vision, but of course the pilot actually sees better because
the sunglasses cut down on the glare. Earplugs also cut down on the
"glare".

I've used that response several times since then
--
Conrad Hoffsommer                Ignorance doesn't kill you, but it will
Luther College                   make you sweat a lot.-Haitian proverb