ear plugs

Thu, 06 Apr 1995 19:00:06 -0500 (CDT)

Peaking over 135dB sounds a little out of line, but then, I wasn't
there.

OSha regs state that readings be taken on the A scale set at slow
response. I took a lot of readings this past winter in practice rooms,
and could scare myself with dBa or dBb on fast response.
I still got 105dBa slow out of a Yamaha C3 in a small (is there any
other kind?) practice room.

I gophered OSHA and downloaded 30 pages of rules and regs. If you
are into legalspeak it is fascinating, but even if you aren't,
the charts for maximum time exposure in varying noise levels
can scare if you realise how much time you spend tuning during those
"bulk tuning" times.
--
Conrad Hoffsommer                Ignorance doesn't kill you, but it will
Luther College                   make you sweat a lot.-Haitian proverb