Chick screw-in dampers

Mark Story mstory@ewu.edu
Fri, 07 Apr 1995 11:27:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi Conrad,

>Getting tired of constantly resetting dampers and want at this point
>to upgrade a little.  I have the hardware I need, at least to put into
>the damper blocks, but what I'm not sure is if I should assume I have
>to replace all the damper wire or if I can just tighten the setscrew
>onto the threads and let it go at that.

The last I rebuilt with screwin dampers was a Weber that had setscrews on
the ends of the sections.  They just tighened on the threaded wire.  On the
other hand, with screwin dampers, the damper levers have to be lined up
directly under the damper, so no bending, right?

Mark

Mark Story, RPT

Eastern Washington University        |  mstory@ewu.edu
Cheney, Washington, USA                |  mark.story@phunnet.org