ear plugs

Jeff Stickney jpage@selway.umt.edu
Sun, 09 Apr 1995 08:00:20 -0600 (MDT)

I hope we're not beating this to death but: 1) I know a piano teacher who
is having hearing problems (hopefully the cause is unrelated to her
profession) who got a pair of the "custom fit" plugs from her
audiologist.  The first day she wore them she felt very disoriented -
hearing her own voice inside her head (as with plugged ears).  Is that
normal and does it just take time to get used to the plugs or..... 2) are
there different varieties/quality of the "custon fits" out there?  Any
other specific recommendations other than John M. with the Etymotic
Research variety?  Also, would you recommend having the option of cutting
th Db by 15 or 25 - John said he always uses the 15 Db insert anyway?

Jeff Stickney, RPT
University of Montana
jpage@selway.umt.edu