Online RPT List/Piano Page

John W. McKone mckonejw@skypoint.com
Mon, 17 Apr 1995 09:32:31 -0500

..

>My suggestion would be to *not* include phone numbers (or street/mailing
>addresses, for that matter) in that list.  If someone on the list wants
>their address and phone number "published", so to speak, on the Internet,
>let them include it either in their signature or at their own home page.
>This way, the individual is better capable of controlling if/when their
>"vitals" are accessible.  Also, having only some of the addreses and phone
>numbers in the online directory wouldn't be good form.  Finally, I can see a
>nightmare in the upkeep of the directory when people need to change
>addresses and/or phone numbers.  So, Name, City/State/Country,
>Email-address should be all there is to see in the online directory.
>This will keep maintenance of the directory to a minimum.
>
>Ron Torrella             "Ideal conversation must be an exchange of thought,
>School of Music           and not, as many of those who worry most about their
>University of Illinois    shortcomings believe, an eloquent exhibition of wit
>                          or oratory." -- Emily Post, Etiquette

I agree!

Since we can assume that those reading the piano page have a web browser,
and almost certainly e-mail, there should be no need to provide anything
but an electronic address.

Instead of just e-mail, how about giving those of us who have home pages
the choice to list those as our address?

John McKone