Listing on Internet

Wed, 19 Apr 1995 12:22:04 -0500 (CDT)

> > I would agree that anyone who wishes not to be listed should have the
> > right to remove ALL INFORMATION. This would simplify the choice--either
> > be listed or not be listed.
> >
> > Don Rose, RPT (drose@microcity.com)
> >

> information available to someone who went through the trouble of finding
> the PTG - calling the Home Office - asking for listings and any bozo with
> a computer/modem/software that's been netsurfing...

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

> a full listing of RPT's and their phone numbers on the 'net is liable to
> result in a large volume of nuisance calls.

As a college tech in a small town, I get all the "nuisance calls" anyone
can imagine, and after 14 years here my private client base is about
maxed out. 99% of my clients are word of mouth, the rest are mostly
dealer warranty referrals. I *have* referred some to other techs in
the area to spread the wealth (I feel your pain?)

>  I can just see RPT's who don't know anything about this listing - and
> therefore have no opportunity to refuse being listed - starting to get
> phone queries about piano prices or do-it-yourself projects (anyone been
> reading rec.music.makers.piano lately?) from netsurfers who found their
> phone number on the 'net...

and I can't access those chat groups yet, darn.

> Israel Stein

I wasn't on the net 6 mo. ago. If this had been ram-rodded through, and
I was now getting these undesirable calls, I wouldn't be a happy camper.

I suppose this takes me off Young Chang's referral list? ;-}
--
Conrad Hoffsommer                Ignorance doesn't kill you, but it will
Luther College                   make you sweat a lot.-Haitian proverb