Steinway & Sons Sold

Steve Brady sbrady@u.washington.edu
Wed, 19 Apr 1995 13:31:30 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 19 Apr 1995, phillip c sloffer wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I understand Steinway has been sold to Selmer Company.  I think they make
> band instruments.  Does anyone have any further information?

      Steinway is billing this as a "merger" with Selmer. The Birminghams
are out; Bruce Stevens is still in, and will have a seat on the Board of
Directors of Selmer's parent company.
      We're trying to get the official press release from Steinway into
the May Journal.

Steve Brady, RPT        "The most expert and rapid tuners are...
University of Washington       possessed of a highly excitable,
sbrady@u.washington.edu        nervous, and emotional temperament,
                         verging on the border of insanity at times."
                              -Daniel Spillane, The Tuner's Guide