Samick Grand Bass String ...

PNOTNR@aol.com PNOTNR@aol.com
Wed, 19 Apr 1995 23:54:16 -0400

Out here in the sticks, we don't get to see too many of them new- fangled
Samicks (or any other new anything most of the time) so I'd like to know
where the strings are breaking.  Perhaps the wire bends are too severe, and
there is too much friction at the agraffe, so that you pass the breaking
point of the string before you alter the speaking length.  My only other
guess would be that the scale is at too high a tension.   I had this problem
on a cheap Kimball console built in the 70's.  That instrument was in a jr.
high school.  Roger Weisensteiner offered to rescale and supply me with a new
set of bass strings for it, (but the school never got back to me on whether
they wanted this done......the fools!)  I'd contact Samick and see if they
would do the same.

Gordon Large, RPT
Mt. Vernon, Maine