strike motion ratio

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Tue, 25 Apr 1995 00:32:57 -0600

>I just reposted a writing about strike weight/ratio.
>
>I would love to have some talk on the subject of key ratio, because I know
>it causes ongoing problems with all of us.

Your post gave me something to think about with a couple of problems I've
had with older and possibly highly modified S&S "D"s lately. One has new
Renner/Hamburg reps on teflon shanks, something which seems always should be
avoided.

Another is a '68 D with new Renner shanks and  1990 NY hammers on the
original reps. That one is more tricky because the  ratio should be LESS if
I understand it correctly. I haven't had a chance to put my own theories
into practice yet, but hopefully will soon.

Yet another is a '56 D with 1987  hammer and shanks. It's OK, but doesn't
feel "right" even if it sounds great. I'm working on that one... It's one of
the models with the odd-coloured plates and gold-coloured dampers.

                John

John Musselwhite, RPT               Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com       john.musselwhite@67.cambo.cuug.ab.ca