strike motion ratio

Tcoates@aol.com Tcoates@aol.com
Wed, 26 Apr 1995 14:08:37 -0400

Thanks David for reposting your writings on strike motion ratio.  It seems to
me that leverage measurements are directly related to strike motion ratios,
particularly the shank ratio.  I find myself checking the strike motion ratio
before I start in on the leverage.  If the hammer isn't in the right place on
the shank,  some of the leverage measurements won't be right.

I always think of being a kid on a teeter totter.  I would have trouble
playing with heavier kids, unless they moved closer to the center.  Once we
found the right spot, it was smooth.

I think discussing this topic is fine both here and in New Mexico (can't
spell the city).  Only one person can talk at a time at a meeting, but
everyone can talk at once here.  There are people on this listserv who
haven't seen David's postings before, some who have just recently been
working with them, and veterans.  I suggest we continue both avenues of
discussion, PTG national convention and listserv.

Tim Coates