Monochord PSO

Bob Simmons bsimmons@wiley.csusb.edu
Wed, 26 Apr 1995 14:34:27 -0700 (PDT)

One of my customers has a Monochord studio (the little short keyboards)
which seems to display a crack dividing the top and bottom of the
pinblock, all the way from bass to treble. Basically the piano is folding
in on itself and the pitch (not to surprisingly) dropped 1/4 tone.  With
this little PSO, would you consider any type of repair feasible (epoxy -
not block replacement) and permanent, or is strictly time for the funeral?

I've not had a close look at the structure of these, and don't know how
sound they were in the first place. I was surprised with the seemingly
lower tension, that it was buckling in that manner.

Any experience on this type?

Bob Simmons