"thumper" churches

Thu, 27 Apr 1995 08:31:40 -0500 (CDT)

...you know you're in a thumper church when....

I wish I'd had those diagnostic checklists when I was tuning in
Philadelphia years ago!

I might add "store front" churches (converted building), and row
home churches. I once (actually thrice) went to one place with
heavy iron door w/3 padlocks which was protecting steel door with
2 deadbolts. Inside was Baldwin 243 next to trap set.

About 5 minutes after I was let in to tune the first time, somebody
from the body shop across the street checked in to ask who I was.
He was assured that I was "OK". (my pigmentation didn't match
*anyone* in the area) I think I could have left my car open with
all kinds of valuables in sight and not had to worry about it or
myself.
--
Conrad Hoffsommer                Ignorance doesn't kill you, but it will
Luther College                   make you sweat a lot.-Haitian proverb