Call Backs

TUNERJIM@aol.com TUNERJIM@aol.com
Fri, 01 Dec 1995 09:03:30 -0500

Early in my career at a Pennsylvania Seminar an <accountant> lectured us on
how
to maximize our income.  Succinctly put, here it are his thoughts:

   1.  You have only so many hours in a week.

   2.  You have good customers and you have bad customers.

   3.  The only way to make more money is to raise your prices.

   4.  Maybe you will lose 10% of your customers.

   5.  In all likelihood the 10% you lose will be your worst customers.

   6.  You now are making the same gross, but you have room for more good
        customers"

Personal Comment:  I found it very difficult to raise my prices the first
time.  I went
from $50 to $60.  Guess what?  In the following year only one customer
mentioned
the price raise.  Additional side benefit:  telephone price shoppers went
down the
road  --  good riddance!

TunerJim@AOL.COM