Yamaha digital tuning scope

Daryl Matthies pianotec@hcsinc.com
Sun, 03 Dec 1995 19:10:05 -0600

Do any of the techs here use the Yamaha PT-100 tuner?  I haven't used a fork
for over 10 years, except to aurally demostrate to the customer just how
flat their piano is.  I've  used the Hale sight-o-tuner with good results.
I  use the Hale tuner to find the pitch of the piano,  find the pitch of the
organ in a church if the piano must be tuned to it,  tune the piano to
standard pitch, or sometimes to check temperment on weird scaled pianos.

The Yamaha tuner has intrigued me for some time.  Any comments on it would
be welcomed.

Daryl Matthies
MATHIS PIANO SERVICE
pianotec@hcsinc.com