We, the endangered

Michael Wathen 556-9565 Michael.Wathen@UC.Edu
Mon, 04 Dec 1995 10:19:53 -0500 (EST)

Its automatic that all essential instruments such as these are
tuned the first week of school or thereabouts.  We look for a
near draconian drop in the temperature that will force the
moisture content out of the outside air, and very shortly after
the same will occur inside the building.  Every year we pray we
this drop (below zero) to occur the week of Christmas break.  If
we were to tune before this happened all evidence that the
instrument had been tuned would disappear.  A good solid tuning
that takes place after the drop will remain good for close to
four or five months.  Likewise the same type of change that
reverses the process will occur around the the first of July.

Have a good holiday!