Soft Pedal Regulation

ATodd@UH.EDU ATodd@UH.EDU
Mon, 04 Dec 1995 11:39:45 -0600 (CST)

   I've been having a little discussion going about the above subject and am
wondering how other tech's regulate the soft pedal. He commented that
pianists use the damper pedal in quarter and half gradations. Why not the
left pedal?
   This is in reference to regulating so that the action is shifted only
slightly, to change the tone, rather than all the way onto the right two
string grooves.
   I have done both, but had never really considered it his way. The full
shift does give the pianist more options and that makes sense to me.
   Do you agree? Comments?

Avery Todd
atodd@uh.edu