Pricing Policies

ATodd@UH.EDU ATodd@UH.EDU
Mon, 04 Dec 1995 17:54:13 -0600 (CST)

   At the request of some piano teachers on the piano list, I would like to
ask a question. Can anyone explain why some tuners charge more for tuning a
grand than a vertical? I'll admit I have never understood that either, unless
it's a "if they have a grand, they can afford more" syndrome. I would tend
to want to charge more for something like a spinet than a grand if I charged
different prices.
   One teacher posted that she had been charged $40.00 for her vertical and
$75.00 (I think it was) for her grand. FYI, there's been a tuning price
thread going on.
   Any input would be appreciated.

Avery Todd
atodd@uh.edu