Service scheduling software?

PNOTNR@aol.com PNOTNR@aol.com
Mon, 04 Dec 1995 22:17:53 -0500

> Anyone else out there use Dean Reyburn's PSM? Have comments about it?
>
>David Denison, RPT
>Long Island, NY

I've been using Reyburn's PSM for 2+ years, and I think it's great.  I had to
adapt to it, but it was so superior to what I had been doing. (2 sets of
index cards)

You don't get a month a glance, but you do get a week.  It does allow you to
set things up so that your computer will boot up directly to PSM (for those
times when the phone rings and the PC is off) but my computer is in our home,
and my kids use it so I don't want them anywhere close to my customer
records.  ("Hey Dad, what does the delete button do?")  So I have to boot up
to Windows, exit, and get to PSM in DOS.  Therefore, I keep a month at a
glance calander by the phone with the names and towns of my appointments, and
use it while the computer boots up.

With any scheduling software, you have to figure that once you arrive home at
the end of the tuning day, you're not really home until you update
everything.  After a typical day of tuning 4 or 5 beaters, I'm happy to have
the calm experience of sitting in front of the PC, entering my days
information, and _then_  I'm ready to use my ears again, listening to my
family.

PSM doesn't keep track of inventory, expenses, deductions etc., so I use
Microsoft Money, and set up an account for my business.  It means recording
some of the same information twice, but it allows me to view information in
ways PSM cannot.

BTW, I believe I saw that Dean Reyburn's current add in the Journal offers
the PSM program for $100. off the usual $295. price.

Gordon Large
Maine