Twisting new bass strings

BOYINGTONR@aol.com BOYINGTONR@aol.com
Tue, 05 Dec 1995 00:14:55 -0500

At our last chapter meeting, the pres. noticed my bass stringing job on an
"O" Steinway. He asked how many turns I had put on these strings. I told him
that I was of the school of thought to abstain from twisting new bass
strings. He posed the question during when the meeting started: "Should we
twist new bass strings?" The ones that commented indicated a half twist for
the most part. A Baldwin factory tech inserted that all their bass strings
were twisted in the factory.

What are some of your comments please?

Richard Boyington
Piano Technical Coodinator