Service Scheduling Software

RalphBl@aol.com RalphBl@aol.com
Wed, 06 Dec 1995 07:36:54 -0500

I have been using Piano Technician's Management System for several years.
 It's a DOS driven program that was modified from a veterinarian mangement
system.  While it is basically a fairly good program, I had a time adjusting
to the piano being referred to as "patient" and me as "doctor"  They modified
it a bit to read "patient/piano" and "doctor/technician" but that is all.
 Also, a the formula that computes the piano's age is based on an animal's so
anything older than about 1920 or so doesn't compute!  On a scale of 1-5, I'd
give it about a 3.  The manual isn't very well written and the word processor
is less than adequate but the program will give you week or more at a time
scheduling and you can send reminder post cards and it does a good job of
keeping financial and other data, including taxes.  I find it quite
useable...better than the database I had been using.  I understand a Windows
version is possibly a year or two away.  This is the system that is (or was)
sold by Jim Coleman in the West and Troy Nolan in the East.  Troy has been
super with technical support. It is basically a relational database allegedly
written by a former DOS programmer for IBM. It's quite similar to the Dean
Reyburn program. FYI.

Ralph Black
Hendersonville, TN
RalphBl@aol.com