Yamaha digital tuning scope -Reply

Don Rose drose@maple.net
Thu, 07 Dec 1995 21:16:12 -0800

Hi Newton;

>On Wed, 6 Dec 1995, Newton Hunt wrote:
>
>> Dean Rayburn has such an arrangement.  Using a Macbook to measure inharmonicity
>> it then calculates a tuning for that piano and sends it to a SAT.  Neat, but
>> you need a Mac, not MS-DOS.

Dean Reyburn made his Chameleon program for MS-DOS first--It works quite well.

>     I believe Steve Fairchild (Sr.) in New York has developed a
>similar program for PCs. He calls it an "emulator," and he recently
>mailed me a copy which I haven't had a chance to try out yet. I may
>feature it in a future Journal if it seems worthwhile.

Hi Steve:

Please do feature this prgm! And while you're at, what about a review of electronic tuning aides
that are accurate enough to be used to help administer the tuning exam.

Regards & Merry Christmas to you all, Don Rose RPT, (drose@maple.net)