Piano Usage

David Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Sat, 09 Dec 1995 17:15:38 -0600 (CST)

Our principal recital hall also has a new Fisk $1,000,000 pipe organ in
it.  As a result it is primarily an organ practice room (at least in the
view of the organists.)  As a result anytime there is no recital program
in there it is being used for organ practice.  I have time for my work
scheduled before 8:00AM.  After 8:00 it's impossible.  If I need to do
action work etc, I have a piano moved down to my shop.  They have to get
by with one "D" until I move it back.  It's not ideal, but actually it's
nice to be able to take my time with an instrument when it's in my shop.
Double doors in the hall and my shop make it so I can move it with just
one other person helping.

Dave Porritt
SMU - Dallas