Personal Notes

Kenneth Sloane Kenneth_Sloane@qmgate.cc.oberlin.edu
Mon, 11 Dec 1995 11:49:23 -0400

                      Subject:                              Time:  10:02 AM
  OFFICE MEMO         Personal Notes                        Date:  12/11/95

(much material cut to conserve space)

>  I was simply trying to make the point (with the illustration of the $15K
>"profit" on the expensive grand), that this particular dealer had no valid
>reason to expect the technician to do $500 worth of work for him for free.
>Everyone else got paid, but because many (most, somewhere between 80-90%)
>technicians are self-employed, and may fear to lose a dealer's good graces or
>business, they are often mis-used (as I feel the original writer, who was
>inquiring about payments for Yamaha Service Bond work, was).
>
>Randy Potter, R.P.T.

Randy,

We seem to agree with each other on all points... I guess great minds work
alike ; )

----------------MY REPLY----------------

Since Pianotech is getting rather large and postings fairly numerous, personal
notes such as above should be directed to the partie(s) concerned. I don't
mean to discourage personal notes since they are certainly nice to receive.
However, I think we need to make Pianotech easy and quick to read to encourage
as much meaningful participation as possible.

Ken Sloane, Oberlin Conservatory

John McKone, RPT
Operations Manager
Haugen's Pianos