Damppchasers

Wippen@aol.com Wippen@aol.com
Fri, 15 Dec 1995 17:58:38 -0500

Kenneth Burton said:

I installed a Damppchaser to protect the piano and provide tuning stability.

Ken,
Maybe I am misinterpreting what you wrote. Did you install the complete
Damppchaser Climate Control system, or just the Damppchaser rod?

If you just put in the rod you are exacerbating an already too-dry situation.

Here in West Virginia I tell my customers to unplug the rod if that is all
they have installed. Unplug in October, plug'er back in in May.

IME the complete system does a good job of smoothing out the wet/dry peaks
and valleys.

Paul Dempsey
Marshall University
wippen@aol.com