Hands Off Fallboard Locks

Newton Hunt nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu
Mon, 18 Dec 1995 23:19:27 -0500

I decided not to try that lock because it uses a key, keys get lost, copied and
the devise is expensive.

I have been daydreaming about a changable compination lock attached to the
piano where you don';t have to get onto you knees to unlock.  This lock will
automatically lock the piano when the fallboard is closed and would require
little modification to the piano to install.  So far I have not had the time to
spend with an outside vendor locksmith.  Two of our locksmiths told me to
contact the manufacturers of the pianos, but realizing what a laugh that is.

If someone out there has an idea long these lines drop us all a line.

I am using the type of lock that John Ford made, it CANNOT be removed without
unlocking the lock or cutting it off.

      Newton
      nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu