Jumping Pins

Newton Hunt nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu
Sat, 23 Dec 1995 12:31:19 -0500

Guilty as charged.  Years ago when I was teaching the trade full time I go
tired of being asked "what should I charge for this, or that, or the other.  I
canvesed the larger chapters for a copy of their price list, made up my own
with changes as I deemed appropriate for beginners.  After the NYC chapter
decided to increase their tuning fees I realized all the work I had done was
now out of date, so back the desk to convert everything to time units.  I found
several discrepences and so made adjustments, again.

After having it typed over again I copied it and had it brailled for those who
couldn't read print and gave it away to any who asked.  I even tried to donate
it to the Guild through the council, but they didn't want it so I continued to
give it away.

Some years later I got the idea of printing it in a more useful format and
because of the new laws relating to price controls I contacted the FTC for an
opoinion and was told that a: time is not considered pricing, and b: having
been created and dissimated prior to the regulations it was exempt.

I printed 1200 copies and sold the all.  John Ford bought a bunch and so did
the San Francisco Piano Co.

Well, I am out and have donated the computer file and the rights to the PTG and
you will need to contact the home office for further information.

Merry Christmas, Happy Honicha, Happy New Year, happy holidays and my you all
be blessed with health and wealth to enjoy it.

      Newton
      nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu