Electronic/Aural Tunig

Dean Reyburn 75601.2765@compuserve.com
Sat, 23 Dec 1995 15:08:38 -0500 (EST)

>Sy Zabrocki writes on 12-23-95:
>I am now embarrassed with myself for having resisted a devise that has aided
>in defining piano tuning to it's present level. Articles in PTG Journal by
>Rick Baldissin (gee that guy is smart) starting about 1983 were most
>helpful. Unless  you really really understand partials at every level I
>could see how some could doubt the SAT.

      I'm an aural tuner too that now uses an Accu-Tuner _in_addition_ to aural
tuning.  Making the transition from aural only to aural/electronic is much
easier with the aid of Rick's ariticles.  These articles are called "On Pitch"
and were published in 11 articles in the Piano Technicians Journal from June
1983 to March 1985.  They have been the "Roseta Stone" for many making this
transition, including myself.  Rick Baldissin's "On Pitch" is also available in
book form from the Piano Technician's Guild for $20.  The book version includes
better pictures, and a final chapter 12.

Contact the Piano Technicians Guild home office for this at:

Piano Technicians Journal
3930 Washington
Kansas City, MO 64111-2963

816-753-7747
Fax:816-531-0070

I don't think they have an email address.

I just bought a copy of "On Pitch" the book last July at the New Mexico
convention, and I have a older photocopied one if anyone wants it (free!)

Dean Reyburn

* Dean L. Reyburn, RPT                                  *
* "Software Solutions for Piano Technicians"            *
* REYBURN PIANO SERVICE, INC.                           *
* Sanderson Accu-Tuner Authorized Distributor           *
* 2695 Indian Lakes Rd, NE  Cedar Springs, MI  49319    *
* 616-696-0500    Fax: 616-696-8121                     *
* INTERNET:75601.2765@compuserve.com                    *