Falconwood Pinblock Problems

S. Brady sbrady@u.washington.edu
Sun, 24 Dec 1995 12:26:12 -0800 (PST)

Re: Pin-driving fluid

      I agree that pin-driving fluids improve the ease of driving the
pins and also provide a superior tuning feel. We've used natural spar
varnish for several years in my shop, and I have colleagues in the area
who use shellac. Anytime you use shellac (for anything), it should be
freshly mixed. Otherwise, it may never harden.

Steve Brady, RPT        "The most expert and rapid tuners are...
University of Washington       possessed of a highly excitable,
sbrady@u.washington.edu        nervous, and emotional temperament,
                         verging on the border of insanity at times."
                              -Daniel Spillane, The Tuner's Guide