Piano Tuning/Repair

Ron Nossaman nossaman@southwind.net
Tue, 26 Dec 1995 14:44:57 -0600

>Silly me.  I always thought "perfect pitch" was when the bases were loaded in
>the bottom of the ninth, visiting team is ahead by one run, the count is
>three and two on the cleanup hitter, and he swings and misses at a fade away
>slider, i.e. perfect pitch
>

>Gordon Large
>Maine(ly snow)

Pretty close. Actually, Perfect Pitch (always capitals) is what the guy who
convinced someone they had it threw.

Either that, or it's the sap from perfect trees, as already noted.

If real "Perfect Pitch" exists, where's the definitive demo? Who will step
up and show the Accu-Tooner who's right? Don't hold your breath. The only
real selling point our species has is it's adaptability. That means there
are no built in absolutes, like a hard wired pitch sense. Test the same
people under different conditions of stress, sleep deprivation, blood sugar
levels, etc, and you will probably get all sorts of drift.
 Ron Nossaman