Perfect pitch

EHILBERT@midd.middlebury.edu EHILBERT@midd.middlebury.edu
Sat, 30 Dec 1995 00:16:50 -0500 (EST)

Dear Arlie,
      I understood what you meant the first time around.  I had heard it
said before that people cannont differentiate closer than one cycle per
second, but I know from my experiment with Daniel Domb that at least in his
 case that certainly was not true.  He could consistently (with me trying to
confuse him) identify the A440 fork which was dead on versus other A440 forks
which were slightly sharp or flat.  So you can see, he was able to
discriminate a much smaller amount than the two cycle per second difference
between A438 and A440. For him, that would have been a big difference and
very easy.  And if he can do it, then I suspect others can as well.
Ed Hilbert
Vermont Chapter