duplex scale

Laurence Beach lbeach@sfu.ca
Sun, 31 Dec 1995 02:17:49 -0800 (PST)

Has anyone tried to install a duplex scale into a grand that had that
portion of the string muted with felt on the frame?  I have a picky
customer who discovered the benefits of the duplex scale (I removed the
felt that was weaved between the strings of the bass section) and was
impressed with the effect.  I explained that some pianos have that
equivalent throughout the entire scale of the piano, and have been
challanged with this intriguing possibility.  All opinions are encouraged
and appreciated!  Thanks in advance!
Laurence Beach
Vancouver BC
Canada