noisy artist benches

Wed, 01 Feb 1995 12:29:32 -0600 (CST)

 Must be everyone has had problems w/benches.

Even after tightening everything, including the thrust collars the you
find on some models, I still had wobble and noise.
I got a supply of sleeves that run in the tracks, and replaced the original
brass ones which had flat spots or worn clear through w/steel. Then put
grease on the tracks to slow down future wear.
I got them after calling Jansen and describing the problem. Nice people
to deal with.

Good luck,
conrad
--
Conrad Hoffsommer                Ignorance doesn't kill you, but it will
Luther College                   make you sweat a lot.-Haitian proverb